Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Someone missed Econ 101, Day 1

Being a military retiree, I am eligible for excellent low cost health care coverage, which I pay for, but don't use because my job provides health insurance as part of the compensation package.

Yesterday I got a DoD health care survey, which included this question:

For your civilian coverage, do you or your family member pay all or part of the insurance premium?

Please select one
a. Yes, I or my family members pay all of the premium
b. Yes, I or my family members pay part of the premium
c. No, coverage is available at no cost
d. Don’t know

Maybe the health care debate would be more productive if "c" was expunged, using every bit as much ridicule as is required to complete the task, from every government critter's vocabulary.

5 Comments:

Blogger Harry Eagar said...

Something's been bugging me about this.

Free news on the interest. No cost.

October 16, 2010 11:30 PM  
Blogger Bret said...

Did you mean "Internet" instead of "interest"?

Anyway, there's a difference between "free" to someone and "no cost" to anyone.

October 17, 2010 10:21 AM  
Blogger Harry Eagar said...

Yes, I did mean Internet.

But, from my point of view, no difference at all. If you steal it, it's free to you.

October 17, 2010 5:12 PM  
Blogger Bret said...

So if someone steals somethings (and it's "free"), there's "no cost to anyone"?

October 17, 2010 9:29 PM  
Blogger Harry Eagar said...

So I have been told, in connection with theft of news stories.

All the cool kids seem to think it is the wave of the future, what I call the Middle Digital Age.

The very advanced ones want you to steal patents, too.

Read Volokh Conspiracy for a few days.

October 18, 2010 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home